DescriptionThis invite-only conference, hosted by Space Group, explored strategies for decarbonising the built environment, bringing together industry leaders and "empowered agents of change" to discuss strategies for decarbonising the built environment.
This year's conference focused on sustainability and innovation, highlighting the importance of individual and collective efforts in addressing present and future challenges.
Keynote speeches included:
- Brace for Take-Off: Against All the Odds, Jonathon Porritt CBE, Sustainability Writer and Campaigner
- Circular Economy and Systems Thinking in the Built Environment, Eszter Gulacsy, Technical Director at Mott MacDonald
- Corporate Responsibility to Regenerative Business, Steve Malkin, CEO and Founder of Planet Mark
- The Human Challenge: Leveraging and Developing Human Potential, Nicky Thompson, Client Director and Joakim Eriksson, Client Director at Mannaz
- Digital Twins in Action, Chris Smeaton, Associate Principal and Digital Leader at InSite UAE
- Next> is Saving Our Home Planet, Gabe Davies, Ocean Marketing Manager EMEA at Patagonia
The conference also comprised panel discussions featuring (in addition to select individuals from above): Phanos Hadjikyriakou, CEO and co-founder of 2050 Materials; Tom Bunn, Co-Founder of re:new; Catherine Sinclair, KTP Associate / Architect specialising in Zero Carbon; and Nicki Clark OBE, Chief Executive of UMi.
The conference was chaired by Chris Hines, Former Sustainability Director at the Eden Project and Founding Member of Surfers Against Sewage.
|23 Nov 2023
|Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
|Degree of Recognition